2012年11月15日星期四

Yunnan: encounter a Bai People’s town along Erhai Lake

I heard Xizhou from one of my friends incidentally. Because of the word “xi”, it impresses me a lot(because the “xi” character is in my name).One time when I went to Yunnan and passed by Dali city, I decided to visit Xizhou.
The first sight discouraged me a little. At the entrance of the town stands all the new built buildings for tourist development. After we parked the car, an old man came to the car and asked us to buy ticket. After paying 10 yuan RMB for each one, we followed the crowd and went into the so-called Courtyard of Family Yan.
We arrived at a corner and heard a faint song from the house. When we were about to have a look, a beautiful Bai girl stopped us and told us that we have to buy another 20 yuan RMB for the show. After thinking twice we gave it up.
When my friend asked me: “How is your feeling about the town?” I said: “Fair to middling.” I had thought about leaving, but when I remembered somebody once had described Xizhou as serenity, clean and… I decided to walk down to the deepest end. Will it present us another different look?
The answer is “YES”.
Walking pass by a small lane near Sifang Street, we discovered a tailor shop. The tailor was busy cutting a piece of colorful cloth. The camelia on the cloth were all embroidered by hands. Foreigners like these stuff very much and they are usually willing to buy a bag for hundreds yuan. However, the one in the tailor’s hand is not for sale. It is used to carry babies.

没有评论:

发表评论